Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Official Beers of Ludophilia V

This deserves its own post - as our Brewmaster reports...



Ludophilia 5 Chocolate Oatmeal Stout - THE official beer of Ludophilia. An imperial oatmeal stout aged on cocoa nibs, vanilla beans and oak. Cellar aged for over a year. I don't want to brag or anything, but this beer is delicious.

2 Sheep for 1 Wheat Beer - My third batch of this beer and this one is the best. Made with all Amarillo hops it is hoppy but refreshing. I just had my first bottle of this batch and I am pleased. It's a bit cloudy, but it is a wheat beer.

Rage Quit Double IPA - This one is still in the fermenter being dry hopped. I am a little concerned about the the final gravity, it might be a touch sweet, but it tastes good. I will update you in a couple weeks when I bottle it.

Crash and Burn Porter - Well, the first batch of C&B Porter went bad. Not sure what happened but a bottle exploded and it smelled pretty bad. Shit happens when you homebrew and this is one of those things that happens. Anyway, I brewed another batch and it is coming along nicely. What are the odds I fuck this up twice in a row?

And a special treat...

Shai Hulud Spice Mead - A medium sweet mead made with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla. It's the mead the Fremen would make if the made mead, well except they would use real "spice". It is not clearing like I would like it too, but it will taste good cloudy. I will just bring some opaque mugs.




And some others in the line up:

Oh, I also have a couple other things that I will bring along.

Merry Freaking Christmas - My spiced winter warmer. Hey, it's not Christmas, but who cares.

Hyperbole - My first Oak Aged Imperial Stout. I have about 20 bottles of this left. It is close to 2 years old now. I will bring a couple along so you can taste it.

Vanilla Mead - No cute name here, just some medium sweet Vanilla mead that will knock you on your ass if you drink too much.

Cherry Mead - Ever so slightly sweet mead made with cherries. Most of this is still aging, but I have two bottles that I bottled as samplers as it was aging that I can bring so I can get some feedback on how it is coming along.

Mead - no names or anything here, just a 15% alcohol Mead that some people think tastes like cough syrup. Is that a bad thing? You can be the judge. It is mellowing a bit as it ages.



For those wondering about the future:

And one more thing, if you are already thinking ahead to Ludophilia 6 (and who isn't), I already have two beers aging that will be ready next year. The first is a Barley Wine brewed with Belgian Candi Sugar. This one will be the official beer of Ludophilia 6. 

The second beer is a VERY high gravity Imperial Stout that will be called Imperial Stout Destroyer. If you have had Bourbon County Imperial Stout that is what I am shooting for. Both are oak aged on oak soaked in bourbon and should be very tasty. 

Thinking ahead to Ludophlia 7 I am thinking an oak aged Wee Heavy, aged on Oak soaked in Scotch of course :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment